The Integrity Commissioner, supported by the Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity (ACLEI), is responsible for preventing, detecting and investigating serious and systemic corruption issues in prescribed Australian Government law enforcement agencies.
These agencies are:
- the Australian Border Force
- the Australian Crime Commission
- the Australian Federal Police (including ACT Policing)
- the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC)
- the CrimTrac Agency
- prescribed aspects of the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, and
- the former National Crime Authority.
From time to time, ACLEI may seek applications from talented and motivated individuals to fill various roles. While each staff member has their own primary responsibilities and duties, all ACLEI staff members are expected to be team-focused and to maintain a flexible approach.
Assistant Director Assessment and Review
Position number: 1015
Vacancy Type: Ongoing
The Assistant Director Assessment and Review reports to the Director Intelligence and provides a broad range of investigative and analytical services in support of the Operations Branch and the Integrity Commissioner.
The key deliverables of the role include:
- Independent evaluation and assessment of information notified or referred to the Integrity Commissioner to enable informed decisions to be made pursuant to the Law Enforcement Integrity Commissioner Act 2006
- Review final investigation reports prepared by prescribed agencies under ACLEI’s jurisdiction
- Oversight of other staff members involved in evaluation, assessment and review functions
Applications close, Thursday 12 November 2015
Contact Officer: Director Intelligence 02 6141 2315
Temporary Employment Register Location: Canberra ACT/Sydney NSW Branch: Various Section: Several Classification: APS level 3, APS level 4, APS level 5, APS level 6, Executive Level 1, & Executive Level 2 Salary: $55,291 - $131,157
The Temporary Employment Register is open for candidates to register a general expression of interest for employment with the Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity (ACLEI). The Temporary Employment Register enables ACLEI to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals at short notice for non-ongoing or temporary positions. Opportunities may be offered on a full-time, part-time or intermittent / irregular (casual) basis for up to 12 months, depending on business needs and operational requirements. Vacancies could be identified in Canberra or Sydney. There is no guarantee that an offer of employment will be made whilst your application remains on the register. You will only be contacted regarding your application if a vacancy arises that matches your skills and experience.
To register, you will need to submit a Temporary Employment Register Application form and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your registration in the Temporary Employment Register will remain active until 31 December 2015.
To be eligible for non-ongoing (temporary) employment, a person
- must be an Australian citizen;
- must satisfy an Australian Federal Police records check;
- must satisfy any mandatory qualification requirements as applicable to the position for which they are being considered; and
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the appropriate level applicable to the position.
Candidates who have taken a voluntary redundancy from an APS Agency may be restricted from APS employment and may be ineligible for temporary employment. For further information please contact the Agency where your redundancy was received.
Contact Officer: HR Officer (02) 6141 2365
This Temporary Register will close at 11:59 pm on 31 December 2015
To be eligible for engagement, applicants must be Australian citizens and able to satisfy health and character checks. All ACLEI positions are designated security assessment positions, and employment is conditional upon achieving and maintaining an appropriate security clearance.
Remuneration and conditions are provided primarily under the ACLEI Enterprise Agreement.
Selection documentation and information on how to apply for vacancies can be obtained from this website, by emailing email@example.com, or by phoning ACLEI on 02 6141 2300. Further information is available in the document ACLEI Information for Applicants. Please ensure that you complete and submit an Application Form with your application.
ACLEI aims to create an environment that values and utilises the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Applications can be forwarded by via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to:
GPO Box 605
CANBERRA ACT 2601
If you have any difficulty downloading documents from this site please contact:
Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity
GPO Box 605
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Tel: 02 6141 2300
Fax: 02 6230 7341