What ACLEI does
The Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity (ACLEI) works to provide independent assurance about the integrity of Australian Government law enforcement agencies.
ACLEI staff members perform a range of roles including:
- investigating allegations of corruption
- gathering and analysing intelligence and data
- providing corruption prevention advice and support
- supporting our investigations through legal advice or other capabilities
- enabling all of these functions through high quality corporate services.
Working with us
ACLEI is currently transitioning to the NACC. Attracting and supporting clever, innovative and committed people is essential to ensure both ACLEI and the NACC are well placed to undertake their important work. We work in a complex and dynamic setting where exceptional judgement and an ability to achieve results are critical.
This is an exciting time to join our agency, and we are looking for outstanding individuals to help shape the agency during our transformation by supporting innovation and working together to establish new systems and processes.
Providing a supportive and inclusive workspace for our staff is fundamental to our success. A key focus of ACLEI's leadership culture is our understanding of, and commitment to, creating a diverse and inclusive environment to bring out the best in our people.
Successful candidates will have the ability to lead, manage, cooperate and perform successfully across a wide range of corporate and operational functions to support us in the transformation from ACLEI to NACC.
Our values and culture
Our values and behaviours complement the Australian Public Sector Values and Code of Conduct.
Read about our ACLEI Values in Action
Why work for ACLEI?
In addition to the interesting and valuable work we do, we offer generous working conditions and encourage flexible working arrangements.
Some of our benefits include:
- competitive rates of pay and 15.4% superannuation
- 14 weeks’ paid maternity leave
- 10 days’ paid supporting partner’s leave upon the birth or adoption or fostering a child
- an additional 3 days’ paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- flexible working arrangements such as part-time work, flexible hours of work, and technology that supports hybrid working arrangements
- ability to purchase additional leave
- access to salary packaging
- access to an Employee Assistance Program for help with personal and work-related matters
- access to annual influenza vaccines
- reimbursement of up to $225pa for approved health and wellbeing related clothing and equipment
- a high-performance culture that provides an environment for capability development, via on the job experiences and more traditional learning and development opportunities.
- access to studies assistance and,
- service allowance of $1,774 per year to recognise the security needs of working at ACLEI.
For more information, see our employment terms and conditions.
We encourage applications from the diverse Australian community, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We accommodate requests for reasonable adjustment for people with disabilities under the RecruitAbility scheme. If you have a specific requirement in order to participate in an interview, please indicate this during the application process.
ACLEI provides a supportive and inclusive workplace for our staff, and this is fundamental to our success. A key focus of ACLEI's leadership culture is our understanding of, and commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that brings out the best in our people.
Where we work
We currently have offices in Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne, and will open offices in Brisbane and Perth later in 2023. Some of our people also work remotely from a variety of other locations. Flexible work and home-based working arrangements are generally available to staff.
What our staff have to say
The Australian Public Service (APS) employee census collects information on important workforce issues, such as:
- job satisfaction
- employee engagement
- performance management
- general impressions from APS employees.
View previous results of ACLEI's annual Employee Census:
- Employee Census 2022 highlights report
- Employee Census 2021 highlights report
- Employee Census 2020 highlights report
- Employee Census 2019 highlights report
Applying to work for us
Learn about how to apply and the process for selection