Senate Order for the Production of Indexed Lists of Departmental and Agency Files
On the 14 November 1994, the Senate agreed to a motion by Senator Harradine requiring all Australian Government departments and agencies to produce an indexed list of files every six months for tabling before parliament. The production of the list is intended to make the operations of government more transparent to the Australian public.
The lists are tabled twice a year, once in the Spring sittings and once in the Autumn sittings.
- Spring sittings - files created in the preceding July to December
- Autumn sitting - files created in the preceding January to June
ACLEI's indexed list of files
In accordance with the Order, ACLEI's lists of files do not include:
- files transferred to the National Archives of Australia
- files essentially related to ACLEI's internal administration (staff or personnel, accounts, training, or general administrative matters)
- case related files (for example personal representation or dealing with the personal affairs of ACLEI clients), and
- file titles whose national security classification is Confidential, Secret or Top Secret or their equivalent.
In addition, ACLEI’s lists do not include files whose titles would disclose the deliberations of Cabinet.
In accordance with the Order, some information in file titles may have been deleted, such as:
- commercially confidential information
- identifiably personal information, and
- any security classified information which is disclosed in or which could reasonably be established from a file title.
In response to the senate order requirement that the list be 'indexed', the files are arranged by file number.
If you have any difficulties in accessing the information provided or need further assistance with alternative formats, please contact ACLEI using the details provided on the Contact Us page.
- Files created January – June 2017
- Files created July – December 2016
- Files created January – June 2016
- Files created July – December 2015
Files may include approved acronyms and abbreviations commonly in use within ACLEI for groups or topics for Section and Unit names.