Our recruitment process involves 3 stages:
Before applying, you should:
- review the eligibility requirements for the advertised vacancy
- carefully read the information in the position description, especially the duties of the role and the skills and experience required
- do some initial research about our agency by browsing this website and reading key documents like ACLEI's annual report and corporate plan
- speak to the Contact Officer for clarification or additional information
- decide whether ACLEI is the type of place you would like to work and whether you have the skills, experience, knowledge and abilities required.
The Selection Documentation for each position, available on the Current Vacancies page, will provide you with details about what you need to include in your application.
Please ensure that you complete an Application Form with your application and submit your application by midnight on the closing date via email to recruitment [at] aclei.gov.au. Please note that sometimes large files are blocked by ACLEI’s email system. When you submit your application, you should receive an automated acknowledgement of receipt. If you do not receive this acknowledgement please contact us to ensure your application is received by the deadline.
Once the application date has closed, your application will be emailed to the assigned panel to begin shortlisting.
If you do not get through to the interview stage, you will be notified by email. Should you move to the interview stage, you will be contacted to arrange an interview.
The selection process can include:
- an interview with a selection panel (usually made up of 2-3 panel members)
- reference checks (up to 2 verbal references will be taken with, at least one from a current supervisor)
- a skills assessment, either at the application or interview stage (for some recruitment processes).
If you are the preferred candidate, you will be made a conditional offer of employment. The offer will be conditional on you satisfactorily completing ACLEI’s pre-employment screening process.
If you proceed through this process, you will be then be contacted with a formal offer, including a proposed salary and commencement date and provided with information about your employment conditions and other relevant employment and security documentation.
If your application is unsuccessful you will be notified by email once the recruitment process has been finalised.
We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job at ACLEI.
Any personal information you provide is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 and will only be used for recruitment purposes. For more information read our Privacy statement.