ACLEI Temporary Employment Register
The Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity (ACLEI) is an independent agency within the Attorney-General’s Portfolio, established to support the Integrity Commissioner in carrying out his or her responsibilities for detecting, investigating and preventing corrupt conduct in Australian Government agencies with law enforcement functions. The Integrity Commissioner has extensive powers, including the ability to hold coercive hearings, and ACLEI investigative staff are able to use a range of law enforcement powers to assist in the Integrity Commissioner’s investigations.
The Temporary Employment Register
The Temporary Employment Register is open for candidates to register a general expression of interest for employment with the Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity (ACLEI). The Temporary Employment Register enables ACLEI to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals at short notice for non-ongoing or temporary positions. Opportunities may be offered on a full-time, part-time or intermittent/irregular (casual) basis for up to 18 months, depending on operational requirements.
Vacancies may be identified in Canberra, Melbourne or Sydney.
There is no guarantee that an offer of employment will be made whilst your application remains on the register - you will only be contacted regarding your application if a vacancy arises that matches your skills and experience. There is no possibility of ongoing employment from an application submitted through this register. To view our ongoing employment opportunities, please go to the Current Vacancies listing on ACLEI’s website.
Candidates who have taken a voluntary redundancy from an APS Agency may be restricted from subsequent APS employment. For further information on how this may affect you please refer to the Australian Public Service Commissions website.
We would welcome expressions of interest from all professions, including:
- administration and governance
- accountancy and financial services
- human resources
- information technology
- communications and media
- legal services
- strategic and operational intelligence
- digital and accounting forensics
- security and facilities
- support for ACLEI's operational capability under the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979.
Employment with ACLEI is subject to the following conditions:
- Citizenship – applicants must be an Australian Citizen.
- Security clearance – ACLEI positions are Designated Security Assessment Positions (DSAP). The occupant of any position will be required to undergo and maintain a security clearance to Baseline, Negative Vetting 1 or Negative Vetting 2
- Police check – successful applicants are required to undergo a mandatory Australian Federal Police Check.
- Probation - a probation period will apply to a new non-ongoing engagement for more than 12 months.
We encourage applications from the Australian community including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all ages, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with disability.
Submit your application
To register your interest a temporary employment opportunity, please complete an online application form.
You will need to attach a concise resume to your application. It should be structured in such a way to clearly outline your work experience, qualifications, and relevant skills.
You can update your application at any time, and we encourage you to review your application regularly to ensure is up to date.
Your application will remain active until 31 March 2022 after which time you will need to renew your registration.
This register is open until 11:30pm on 7 March 2022 (AEDT).
For enquiries about ACLEI’s Temporary Employment Register or for assistance with the online eRecruit system, please email recruitment [at] aclei.gov.au or call 02 6141 2300.
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the "begin" button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form